Thursday, February 6, 2014

Long and Unpleasant

Yesterday was not a good day.  The bad part actually started Tuesday night.  I had a bit of headache starting and I was getting cranky.  That means an early bedtime for me to keep from yelling.  I knew as soon as I woke up yesterday that it had only gotten worse. 

I cancelled a non-emergency doctor's appointment, got the girls out the door and called it good.  A shower and clean bedding helped, but only so much.  No tv, no books, no video games, not much in the way of computer time at all.  I spent most of the day on the couch listening to an audiobook.  I felt pretty ok when the girls got home and thought I could at least make it to bedtime.  When one of them started to hum, that's when I knew I was wrong.  

I was listening to my book and I could hear her (barely) through the headphones.  I was on the edge of having her stop and decided to just seperate myself from the situation instead.  She wasn't doing anything wrong, I was just on edge.  Very edge.  I'm not sure how I kept from crying yesterday, I just know that it was close.

Normally, I try to make it until at least 7.  I barely made it until 6:30.  Usually, when that happens, I am up around 4.  It was almost 6 when I got up this morning.  I woke up with a headache.  Not a migraine, yet, but I knew it would get there.  As I'm typing this, I know I won't last much longer.  It's going to be another audiobook day.

Many deep breaths will be needed today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home