Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Today started off so very well.....

When I woke this morning, for the first time in weeks, I actually felt pretty darn good.  I actually felt like I just might make it through the day without having a migraine.  A small headache, maybe, but no nasty migraine.  A huge relief it would be if that happened.  

Since I had plans for appointments in the afternoon, I spent the morning mostly relaxing, knowing that being relaxed would help keep the migraine away.  By 1pm, I was extremely hopeful.  Mostly pain free and no other signs of a migraine.

Not even 30 minutes later, I got hit with a particularly nasty one.  Pain, nausea, and dizziness all at once.  I had to cancel my appointments for the afternoon and lay down on the couch.  As I lay there listening to my latest audio book, I was not happy.  I had stuff to do today, for goodness sake.  

When the girls got home from school, I got off the couch and I am now trying to be "here" for my girls.  It's not easy, as everything is irritating me.  Especially noises.  I can deal with music, so I've got ear phones on, listening to a mix of everything.  I can still hear all the little noises that are bothering me, but it's much easier to ignore it.

It still might be an early night, as my head hurts and I feel like I could cry at any minute.  I also know that I'm likely to "blow up" at my kids for everything and they don't deserve that.  They are just being kids and yelling at them for that will not help any of us.

/sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home