Thursday, January 2, 2014

2 Weeks

Today is the 2 week mark of no caffeine.  I have to say it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.  While I had children at home the first 3 days, the next 4 were child free.  Since those were the hardest days, I'm very thankful for that.

I've also been able to drink Squirt again, which has been wonderful. This lovely drink was denied to me for about 2 years due to taking Propranolol for both my migraines and blood pressure. Grapefruit can actually increase the effectiveness of the medication, which could result in a serious drop in blood pressure. Now, I love grapefruit. I've missed it terribly. I think being able to have it again has helped with the caffeine issues.

I've also taken to drinking more hot, herbal tea. I really enjoy hot tea anyway, so this has not been a hardship. I'm actually thinking I might like to try some teas I've never tried before. I just have to find some that don't have caffeine.

I think the hardest part of this whole thing has been not taking anything when I am in pain. Since I can only take my abortive medication no more than twice a week, I have to really be in complete agony. As much as I don't like taking medicine, it would be nice to at least try to make the pain go away rather than having to try to sleep it off.


I am looking forward to my next neurologist visit to see what is next in the plan.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home