Sunday, December 22, 2013

Caffeine Withdrawal Sucks

On Wednesday, I told you that the neurologist wanted me to cut back on my caffeine with the final result for it to be gone completely.  On Thursday, I realized I was out of tea and there wasn't any soda (that I wanted and had caffeine) in the house.  So I went without.  Friday came and I still hadn't made any tea.  There was still no soda.  I figured I had made it one day, let's try another. 

It is now Sunday morning.  I have had no caffeine, not even of the medicine variety (Excedrin, Butalbital).  I've made it this far, let's see if I can keep it up.  The only caffeinated beverages in the house right now are coffee, which I love the smell of and can't stand the taste of, and Diet Shasta (yuck).  Water, hot herbal teas, and Squirt (which I'm excited to be able to drink again) are what is left.

I can do this.  It helps that their are no kids in the house again until Thursday.  It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.  I wanted a Pepsi yesterday, but I didn't have one.  I was even at Walmart twice and Winco once, and still managed to stay away from it.

Many thanks and love to Ted for putting up with me during this time.  The positive support of telling me that I CAN do this.  The gentle reminder that I've made it this long, why go back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home