Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Migraine Aura

I have thought, for a very long time, that I was one of the many who does not experience an aura.  I now stand corrected.  Ever since I was a child with my first migraines, I have had what is known as:

  • Alice in Wonderland Syndrome: a rare form of Migraine aura in which the distinctive symptom is a type of metamorphosia, a distortion of body image and perspective, which Migraineurs know, while it’s occurring is not real. “Alice in Wonderland” syndrome can occur at any age, but it is more commonly experienced by children.

http://migraine.com/migraine-basics/migraine-phases/

I only experience it with my eyes closed and it's always been difficult for me to explain, so I thought it was just something that happened with my migraines.  It's very nice to finally know that there is actually a name for it and I'm not completely delusional.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home